Saturday 25 July 2009

Haye Forgets The Klitschkos And Targets Valuev


After having to pull out of his June 20th Heavyweight bout with Wladimir Klitschko with a back injury and then failing to reach an agreement with Wladimir's brother Vitali, David Haye has moved onto WBA heavyweight Nikolai Valuev.
The two will square off on November 7th for Valuev's WBA title with the location as yet confirmed.
Haye has already begun his own unique style of promotion likening the fight to David(Haye) VS Goliath claiming,
“David only needed a slingshot and a stone to flatten Goliath and I’m convinced my right hand generates more power than a stone. I’m going to prove that size doesn’t matter. Mark my words: I will be the first man to knock Nikolai Valuev out.”

This will be no easy task as Haye will be giving away 8 stone in weight and 9 inches in height against the 7 foot tall Valuev, who is yet to be stopped or floored in 50 professional fights.

In reference to the Klitschkos, Haye claims he felt 'disrespected' by the contract negotiations and thus had to go down an alternative route,
"The level of disrespect they have shown me throughout has left me feeling insulted. I will not be a slave fighter,”


DAVID VS. GOLIATH’, will be shown exclusively in the UK on Sky Box Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment