Wednesday 1 July 2009

Tito Ready To Hang Up His Gloves



Puerto Rican legend Felix 'Tito' Trinidad has claimed 2009 will be his last year in boxing.
The former 3 division champion says unless he gets a call from Don King in the near future he does not see himself stepping into the ring again.
Trinidad has not fought since his loss to Roy Jone Jr last January and although names like Kelly Pavlik and Jermain Taylor have been banded around nothing materialised.

Trinidad stated in Primera Hora:
I can say that 2009 will be my last year as a boxer. The only fight that interests me is a rematch against Bernard Hopkins, but for some reason he doesn't want to and I don't see a lot of opportunities out there.


He also moved quickly to dispel any notion of a rematch with Winky Wright, whom he sees as a close friend:
We have a good friendship. Winky has come to my house to visit my mom and we share things. It's something that people know and if we do another fight, they will say that it's not true friendship that unites us.




I for one will be sad to see Tito retire and will always remember his close decision over De La Hoya and his destruction of Fernando Vargas.
It became rather obvious that he was losing interest in the fight game as he came to the end of his career but I would rather see him go out fully functional than hang around too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment