Wednesday 15 July 2009

Pavlik Vents on Showtime & The Super Six Tournament



Middleweight champion of the world Kelly Pavlik has spoke out against Showtime and their Super Six tournament today. Speaking to Joe Scalzo of The Youngstown Vindicator , Pavlik quite angrily exclaimed:

“Why would I be in that tournament when I’m a middleweight? They never asked me and I never wanted to join. Let them beat each other up. Let them ruin their careers for peanuts."

"Those guys are fighting for peanuts. They’re going to burn their whole career and for what? Nobody watches Showtime. Trust me, when the winner of that tournament fights his next fight, it’ll be on HBO. I like HBO. I will fight for HBO. All the big-time fighters like Floyd Mayweather, [Manny] Pacquiao, [Miguel] Cotto, Shane Mosley, the Klitschkos — they all fight on HBO.”

Whoever ends up being the tournament winner, Pavlik told Scalzo that he would be more than happy to move up to fight them.

“Whoever the winner is,” Pavlik said, “I’ll kick his [butt].”

Pavlik has not had much success above 160 pounds as he looked out of sorts in a victorious rematch with Jermain Taylor at 166 pounds and was completely broken down in an 170 pound catch weight fight with Bernard Hopkins, so it would be interesting to see him move up and face any of the potential winners of the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment