Tuesday 11 August 2009

Cotto: I Am Not Trinidad


Miguel Cotto has spoken out again against the incessant comparisons between himself and fellow Puerto Rican legend, Felix 'Tito' Trinidad.
Cotto has often been criticised for not being fan friendly like Trinidad and has thus earned an a reputation for being cold and almost robot like. But Cotto feels that the comparison is unfair as he is his own man with his own personality,

"You can not compare the way I am with Felix Trinidad. I am not him. Tito came to a place and greeted everyone and was very well liked. But, I am one of those guys who comes and and greets everyone. I get to a site and the less people who know me, the better I feel, I have always been accessible to the press in Puerto Rico."

"I'm not Felix Trinidad. Miguel Cotto is Miguel Cotto. I'm not going to change. If I were participating in a beauty contest, I should be waving and smiling all day. But I'm a boxer."


Also speaking to El Nuevo Dia, Miguel Cotto Sr defended his son claiming,

"Your personality is your personality. People have to understand that, but they can not. People prefer to see Miguel laughing and talking to them, but he is not Tito, that's his personality. If you want to see Miguel Cotto laughing, then tell him a good joke."

No comments:

Post a Comment